Guardian Crystals of Zaphoradraik
A tribal and pacifistic race, taur as a whole will do all they can to avoid conflict. Standing nearly 8 feet tall and possessing a massive, thickly built frame, they’re well-built for hard work tilling the land and raising crops. When pushed far enough, they can be fierce warriors, defending home and kin from violent intruders. Even when forced to fight, they prefer not to kill, incapacitating their foes for removal from their lands.
Taur come in a variety of shapes, each specializing in a certain task needed to make the village function.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: +6 Strength, +2 Constitution
- Size: Medium
- Type: Humanoid (Taur)
- Base Speed: 30 ft
- Languages: Common, Terran. Members of this race with high intelligence can learn Auran, Cordic, Currish, Pantherian, and Sylvan.
- Hardy: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities.
- Natural Armor: Members of this race gain a +2 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.
- Stoneseer: Members of this race add +1 to the caster level of any spells with the earth descriptor they cast. Members of this race also gain the following spell-like abilities: constant—nondetection; 1/day— magic stone, stone shape, stone tell. The caster level for these spell-like abilities is equal to the user’s character level.
- Multi-talented: Members of this race choose two favored classes at 1st level and gain +1 hit points or +1 skill rank whenever they take a level in either of those classes.
Some of these may look familiar to experienced role players. The race includes all sentient hooved creatures, but more traditional creatures are only listed here if their entry differs from published material.