Guardian Crystals of Zaphoradraik
Lysard are a lizard-like race. They have thick, scaly skin, sharp claws, and a large muzzle full of equally sharp teeth. Their eyes are slitted, like a snakes, and typically range from bright yellow to bloody red in color. They have average life spans, reaching maturity at 15 years of age (and thus able to fight in the military) and living up to 150 years (if they aren’t killed first).
Lysard typically come off as unfriendly, even if they aren’t. Their society breeds hatred for every other race due to their past experiences with outsiders. Thus, it’s rare to gain a lysard’s trust and friendship. Once gained though, they can be powerful allies, able and willing to charge in and pursue targets with an almost machine-like persistence. Lysard have shut themselves off from the rest of the world’s races, making contact only through their tradesmen, and so have poor relations with just about everyone. They are neutral with the Canids, simply because dogs haven’t done anything wrong by them… yet.
As a whole, Lysard are usually lawful, abiding by strict militant standards and rules within their home metropolis. Leaders in lysard society are most often selfish and warring, tending more toward the evil side of the spectrum.
Lysard have made their home on Airehtnap, walling off and filling the center third of the large continent with a sprawling city scape. Tall buildings made of metal rise from smooth stone streets, providing homes for the many citizens. Shops take the form of street vendors, calling out their wares in a closely guarded territory of blocks.
Lysard worship Kiratahr, lawful evil goddess of machines. If they worship any god at all, that is.
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: +4 Strength, +2 Intelligence, -2 Dexterity
- Size: Medium
- Type: Monstrous Humanoid (Reptilian)
- Base Speed: 30 ft
- Languages: Reptin. Members with high intelligence can learn Allowen, Currish, or Pantherian,
- Battle-Hardened: Members of this race gain a +1 bonus to CMD.
- Natural Armor: Members of this race gain a +1 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class.
Feats and Skills Traits
- Craftsman: Member of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on all Craft or Profession checks to create objects from metal or stone.
- Greed: Members of this race gain a +2 bonus on Appraise checks to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
- Bite: Members of this race gain a natural bite attack, dealing 1d6 damage. The bite is a primary attack, or a secondary attack if the creature is wielding manufactured weapons.
- Frenzy: Once per day, whenever a member of this race takes damage, it flies into a frenzy for 1 minute, gaining a +2 racial bonus to Constitution and Strength, but a –2 penalty to AC.
- Arcane Dunce: Lysard lack the connection to the planet’s spiritual energy that the other races manipulate to power their spells. This makes magi that arise within lysard society both rare and much weaker in comparison. Arcane classes are treated as 2 levels lower for the purpose of learning and casting spells.
- Hold Breath: Members of this race can hold their breath for a number of rounds equal to four times their Constitution score before risking drowning or suffocating.