Guardian Crystals of Zaphoradraik
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +4 Wisdom, -2 Intelligence
- Size: Medium
- Type: Fey
- Base Speed: Normal
- Languages: Sylvan, Common. Those with high intelligence may learn any language (except secret languages).
- Bond to the Land: Members of this race gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC when in a desert.
- Desert Runner: Members of this race receive a +4 racial bonus on Constitution checks and Fortitude saves to avoid fatigue and exhaustion, as well as any other ill effects from running, forced marches, starvation, thirst, and hot or cold environments.
- Illusion Resistance: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusion spells or effects.
- Fey Resistance: Members of this race gain DR 5/cold iron.
Feats and Skills Traits
- Focused Study: At 1st, 8th, and 16th level, members of this race gain Skill Focus in a skill of their choice as a bonus feat.
- Nimble Faller: Members of this race land on their feet even when they take lethal damage from a fall. Furthermore, they gain a +1 bonus to their CMD against trip attempts.
- Stonesinger: Members of this race are treated as 1 level higher when casting spells with the earth descriptor or using powers of the Earth domain, bloodline powers of the earth elemental bloodline, and revelations of the oracle’s stone mystery. This trait does not give members of this race early access to level-based powers; it only affects powers they could already use without this trait.
- Greater Change Shape: Members of this race gain the following supernatural ability: a member of this race can assume the appearance of a Small or Medium humanoid as the alter self spell, save that it does not adjust its ability scores.
- Envoy: Members of this race with an Intelligence score of 11 or higher gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—comprehend languages, detect magic, detect poison, read magic. The caster level for these effects is equal to the user’s character level.
- Weapon Familiarity: Members of this race are proficient with bows and katanas.
- Fairy Blood: Ellar cannot lie in any language. Their bluff check instead becomes how well they can hide their true intent with double-speak or subtly slipped words.
- Fairy Soul: An ellar’s full name – given name, taken name, family name – acts like a spell when clearly spoken to them, followed by a command. The ellar is allowed a will save (DC= 20 + (Caster level – Target’s class level)) to resist the command. Immunity to compulsions granted from class levels or other magic does not block this effect but does grant a +10 to the check and prevents critical fails. Failure means the ellar is forced by compulsion to complete the task, even if doing so would be harmful to themselves or those they care about. An example being a level 2 human sorcerer attempting to dominate a level 15 ellar wizard. DC 20 + (2-15), or 20-13, or DC 7 to resist the command. Conversely, a level 10 human fighter commanding a level 5 ellar ranger would be DC 20 +( 10-5), or 20 + 5, or DC 25 to resist the command.