Guardian Crystals of Zaphoradraik
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +4 Intelligence, -2 Charisma
- Size: Medium
- Type: Fey
- Base Speed: Normal
- Languages: Sylvan, Common. Those with high intelligence may learn any language (except secret languages).
- Bond to the Land: Members of this race gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC when in cold environments.
- Illusion Resistance: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusion spells or effects.
- Fey Resistance: Members of this race gain DR 5/cold iron.
Feats and Skills Traits
- Focused Study: At 1st, 8th, and 16th level, members of this race gain Skill Focus in a skill of their choice as a bonus feat.
- Scavenger: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on Appraise and Perception checks to find hidden objects (including traps and secret doors), determine whether food is spoiled, or identify a potion by taste.
- Greater Spell-like Ability: Members of this race can use Gaseous Form as a spell-like ability once per day. The caster level of the spell is equal to the user’s character level.
- Greater Change Shape: Members of this race gain the following supernatural ability: a member of this race can assume the appearance of a Small or Medium humanoid as the alter self spell, save that it does not adjust its ability scores.
- Weather Savvy: Members of this race are so in tune with the air and sky they can sense the slightest change in atmospheric conditions. They can spend a full-round action to predict the weather in an area for the next 24 hours. This prediction is always accurate, but cannot account for spells or supernatural effects that might alter the forecast.
- Weapon Familiarity: Members of this race are proficient with bows and katanas.
- Fairy Blood: Ellar cannot lie in any language. Their bluff check instead becomes how well they can hide their true intent with double-speak or subtly slipped words.
- Fairy Soul: An ellar’s full name – given name, taken name, family name – acts like a spell when clearly spoken to them, followed by a command. The ellar is allowed a will save (DC= 20 + (Caster level – Target’s class level)) to resist the command. Immunity to compulsions granted from class levels or other magic does not block this effect but does grant a +10 to the check and prevents critical fails. Failure means the ellar is forced by compulsion to complete the task, even if doing so would be harmful to themselves or those they care about. An example being a level 2 human sorcerer attempting to dominate a level 15 ellar wizard. DC 20 + (2-15), or 20-13, or DC 7 to resist the command. Conversely, a level 10 human fighter commanding a level 5 ellar ranger would be DC 20 +( 10-5), or 20 + 5, or DC 25 to resist the command.