Guardian Crystals of Zaphoradraik
Standard Racial Traits
- Ability Score Racial Traits: +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +4 Charisma, -2 Intelligence
- Size: Medium
- Type: Fey
- Base Speed: Normal
- Languages: Sylvan, Common. Those with high intelligence may learn any language (except secret languages).
- Bond to the Land: Members of this race gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC when in water.
- Hydrated Vitality: Members of this race gain fast healing 2 for 1 round anytime they submerge completely within a body of natural salt water, fresh water, or brackish water. Stagnant, poisoned, or trapped water (such as water within an artificial pit or a bag of holding) does not activate this ability. Members of this race can heal up to 2 hit points per level per day with this ability, after which it ceases to function.
- Illusion Resistance: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against illusion spells or effects.
- Fey Resistance: Members of this race gain DR 5/cold iron.
Feats and Skills Traits
- Water Child: Members of this race gain a +4 racial bonus on Swim checks, can always take 10 while swimming, and may choose Aquan as a bonus language.
- Nereid Fascination: Members of this race gain the following supernatural ability: Once per day, a member of this race can create a 20-foot-radius burst that causes humanoids within the aura’s range to become fascinated with the user (as the bard’s fascinate bardic performance). Affected humanoids may resist this effect by making a successful Will saving throw (DC 10 + 1/2 the user’s character level + the user’s Charisma modifier).
- Swim: Members of this race have a swim speed of 50 feet and gain the +8 racial bonus on Swim checks that a swim speed normally grants.
- Deepsight: Members of this race are specially adapted to the lightless depths of the oceans, but not to air-filled environments. They can see in the dark up to 120 feet while underwater, but do not gain this benefit out of water.
- Water Sense: Members of this race can sense vibrations in water, granting them blindsense 30 feet against creatures that are touching the same body of water.
- Fairy Blood: Ellar cannot lie in any language. Their bluff check instead becomes how well they can hide their true intent with double-speak or subtly slipped words.
- Fairy Soul: An ellar’s full name – given name, taken name, family name – acts like a spell when clearly spoken to them, followed by a command. The ellar is allowed a will save (DC= 20 + (Caster level – Target’s class level)) to resist the command. Immunity to compulsions granted from class levels or other magic does not block this effect but does grant a +10 to the check and prevents critical fails. Failure means the ellar is forced by compulsion to complete the task, even if doing so would be harmful to themselves or those they care about. An example being a level 2 human sorcerer attempting to dominate a level 15 ellar wizard. DC 20 + (2-15), or 20-13, or DC 7 to resist the command. Conversely, a level 10 human fighter commanding a level 5 ellar ranger would be DC 20 +( 10-5), or 20 + 5, or DC 25 to resist the command.
- Amphibious: Members of this race are amphibious and can breathe both air and water.